- To act as the operational arm of the Municipality for the purposes of implementing economic, social and environmental policies and projects within ANDM;
- To develop the innovation and entrepreneurial potential and activity which supports and drives economic growth within ANDM;
- To leverage public support and private resources for development around opportunities which offer economic and development potential;
- To acquire, own and manage land and buildings necessary to enable it to achieve its stated aims and objectives;
- To negotiate, enter into and administer contracts in furtherance of it objectives;
- To commission, undertake or manage and monitor any programme that may be necessary to further the objectives of The Agency;
- To act as receiver, manager and/or coordinator/facilitator of technical assistance or development funding programmes provided to the Municipality by non-governmental or governmental institutions and private sector institutions;
- To acquire and exercise rights and duties, necessary for the furtherance of its objectives, and generally to perform such further functions as may be delegated or assigned to it by the Municipal Council from time to time.